What I’ve learned over the last year:
God won’t give you more than you can handle….but God gives you enough things to concern yourself with to keep you humble.
Just when you think you are getting ahead, there are things (expenses, that still keep you thinking about the next penny you can save)
However, God does answer prayers if something is truly weighing on your heart, he won’t let you be miserable for long, just long enough to know when to turn to Him for help.
On a funny side:
I’ve learned a lot from my first month of being a mom:
1. It takes you twice as long to get ready to go anywhere.
2. My hips really are wider
3. That black line you have on your tummy when you are pregnant, is sooo not sexy after pregnancy! (When does that go away?)
4. My boobs are enjoyed by not only my husband but my son too! (VERY STRANGE TO THINK ABOUT)……don’t think about it too long!
5. Carry a spit rag with you anywhere you go, and an extra top.
6. Your child will always poop his diaper as soon as you put a fresh one on.
7. Feedings every two hours at night sucks (there’s no sugar-coating this one)
8. Showers are a really nice stress reliever, and if your baby is still asleep after a car ride, take baby, car seat and all into the bathroom so you can shower when Daddy isn’t home.
9. Your husband can no longer complain about how many times you change your outfit in one day, when you son pukes thru 4 or 5 outfits in one day!
10. “When the baby sleeps, you sleep” advice is great, but not practical unless you have your own housekeeper!
11. Sometimes babies just cry….and when that happens, get a box of tissues and cry with them.
12. Every mother wishes she had another set of arms, one to hold the baby and the other set for cleaning the house.
13. When your husband offers to try to get the baby to go back to sleep, accept it!! You never know when the chance to sleep will come again.
14. All the things you said you wouldn’t do with your child while you were pregnant….now become great ideas!
15. It’s wonderful to be one of the last of your friends to have a baby, because you get tons of baby clothes and stuff you really need, (because other moms know what you really need!)
16. Your baby really is cuter and smarter than any other baby!
Just wait…..I have 18 more years of wisdom to come!! LMAO!
This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me, Heather Jones. For questions about this blog, please contact me via the “Contact Me” link on the top menu bar or click here. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation.
Disclosure Policy For Reviews / Guest/Sponsored Posts:
The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post may not always be identified as paid or sponsored content.
The owner of this blog is compensated to provide opinions on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner of this blog receives compensation for posts or advertisements, I (we) always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers’ own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.
To see more of my disclosure policy please click here.
Any Votes Are Always Appreciated! (And if you let me know you voted in the comments, they'll be returned!)