This is the part where I recap 2014 and tell you all about what I hope to accomplish in 2015. Blah blah blah…
Truth is I’m tired.
Yesterday at about 5pm I had the entire house cleaned from top to bottom to ring in the new year. I just wanted to wake up to a clean home and not much to do in the morning but contemplate my goals for the new year and write some things down. I worked all day for a clean house. By the time I woke up this morning it didn’t matter all the work I put into it. We had just a few friends over last night, something we haven’t done in years, and I stayed up to ring in the new year at midnight for the first time in 6 years! After our friends went home and I fell asleep on the couch, I woke to what seemed like a disaster. We didn’t do anything but eat food and watch a movie.
So much work I put in….and nothing held over to 2015. LOL!
I guess that is simply motherhood for you and it’s just hard for me to accept the continual mess of…life. This is my life and it is in a constant continual phase of clean this, wipe down that, sweep this, dust that….repeat…and often times repeating before you can even enjoy the results of your cleaning efforts.
I don’t know how to recap 2014 except to say we spent another year working on improving the inside and outside of our house. We did many projects inside like building an entertainment center for our upstairs family room. Installing a bench seat toy box in the kid’s playroom. Re-landscaping our front grass strip beyond the sidewalk and working hard on de-weeding both yards. Painting….and more painting will continue in 2015.
In May we went to Disneyland! We had a day at the beach with the boys and then four lovely yet very tiring days walking around Disneyland and California Adventures!
After we got back from Disneyland we got to work on more home projects like building the boy’s bench seat toy box in their playroom closet.
We spent the summer taking care of our yards and getting them in top shape.
2014 was the start of a new phase in motherhood for me when my oldest started Kindergarten. It was a very emotional transition for me, but was a fun growth worthy transition for JJ as he’s come along way behaviorally and educationally in the last five months. He loves school and can not wait for winter break to be over.
In October we got the chance to go to Disneyland again for Halloween. This was big for us because we had gone years without taking vacations and to be able to travel to California for a second vacation twice in the same year only 5 months apart was so nice!
So quite obviously 2014 was a blessed year for us!
And now its time to look ahead to what 2015 holds.
Part of my “new year” goals include words like “simplify”, “organize” and “efficiency”. I’ve seen these goals floating around the blogosvere lately, and truth is, I’m right there wanting the same things out of this next year. I’m not sure if I’m gonna take one word and go with it, or try my hand at all three of these. I’m also finding it hard to add anything new to the plate for 2015 without totally revamping my life. I can’t really take on more and accomplish anything right? So I’ve got to re-evaluate things and see what needs to be thrown out.
So goals include:
1. Getting back to the gym twice a week. I’m not trying to win any marathons or be selfishly involved in my looks, or appearance at all, I just want to feel healthier. I don’t even have pounds to really loose according to my fitbit and my fitness pal, I don’t need to lose anything, I just need to be more active and eat better. I have to do that for me.
2. Do some Vlogs for the blog: This is an uncomfortable area for me as I don’t really like being on camera, but I have found that putting more of “me” out there on my blog is what people really want. So I’m gonna give people what they really want. 😉
3. Learn more about photography and take more pictures: I got a Nikon for my birthday and a Nikon book for dummies for Christmas, a ton of filters, focuses and other accessories for it…I have to utilize all of it!
4. Spend wisely on groceries each week: I’m already on a good track with this. I menu plan when I can, create shopping lists and try to only go grocery shopping one day a week to minimize spending extra on frivolous things. I’m working on it and have a plan of action that has worked in the past. I just need to reel it in again now that the holidays are over.
5. Drive more traffic to the blog: Blogging is what I do when I’m not taking care of the kids or my husband’s needs. And this blog needs more traffic, more readers more of everything and I plan on learning everything I can to draw in more readers, learn more about blogging and I would love to go to a blog conference this year!
There are five things and I’m going to leave it at that. But part of all these goals I have is a general drive for creativeness. Blogging is my creative outlet, but I really want it to be unique, totally me, and continue in what it has been doing for me over the last three years income wise. Its been a blessing and I hope that in 2015, like my goal was in 2013 that I will double my income form my blog. I’ve done that in 2014…so I know I’m heading down the right track.
Self Improvement Goals:
1. Work on my temper, I tire of the thankless rituals of motherhood and the day in and day out of doing the same things over and over again for the little results it reaps…like a clean house. It’s an obsession I have to make things neat and tidy, but one that only I have…no one else feels this way and it leads to a bad temper and I really just need to take of the apron and let the house be what the house will be instead of letting it inflate my temper. But letting this happen without twitching or a nervous breakdown is key. It’s hard for me to even type this, but 2015 might have to include letting things be messy to keep my temper under wraps. I have a big problem with uncleanliness. I have to figure this out some way or another.
2. Work on my faith and teaching it to my kids.
To recap 2014, I would say it was full of blessings from God. Even though there have been tough times, more for my husband this year than for me, I hope and pray for some easier times ahead, especially in the health department for my husband. He’s got back issues, stomach issues, sleep issues and an ongoing battle with depression that we often have to discuss and reel in from time to time. The problem with depression is that it is so often misunderstood. My husband, just like anyone else knows how blessed a life we live, but he still struggles with what he calls a filter over everything. It’s a fog over things that he has to sift through. I wish I could help him with it, but all I can do is listen.
So for 2015, I wish for better mental health for my husband, myself and my kids. Here’s to the next 364 days!
This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me, Heather Jones. For questions about this blog, please contact me via the “Contact Me” link on the top menu bar or click here. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation.
Disclosure Policy For Reviews / Guest/Sponsored Posts:
The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post may not always be identified as paid or sponsored content.
The owner of this blog is compensated to provide opinions on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner of this blog receives compensation for posts or advertisements, I (we) always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers’ own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.
To see more of my disclosure policy please click here.