Jamie Bell is a hobby writer from Dallas. When he’s not writing, he’s enjoying his time with his family.
Being a dad of two boys means that I’m always surrounded with sport, games, balls, toys, and whatnot. It’s not that I’m complaining, I enjoy seeing them goofing around and being temperament and lively.
Recently, we enriched our home with a new, dare I say toy? It’s more like sports equipment, and it’s a ping pong table.
It’s for the boys, but I don’t have to pretend that us, adults love playing table tennis, even more than them. I never gave much of a thought how thrilling and how engaging ping pong is until we got our table.
There were many things I didn’t know about it like there is no age limit and the fact that it just became my favorite pass time and cardio.
If you have a game room in your house, you must have a ping pong table; if you don’t have a game room, make it, at least a corner of your home. You’ll thank me later.
I got some excellent reasons why a ping pong table should find its place in your game room/home.
1. Excellent physical activity – It seems that most of the things we do in our free time don’t involve that much activity. So instead of watching a movie, or scrolling down your phone or tablet, grab that racket and get a partner and position yourself on every side of the ping pong table. You’d be surprised how much this game involves movements, little steps back and forth, arm movements, and adrenaline. I love it because you don’t even have to have another workout during your day, to move your muscles and improve your blood flow. Kamil from https://www.bestpingpongtables.io has excellent and informative articles that will help you pick the best table tennis for you.
2. Great for your brain – Although it seems like a game that doesn’t require much thinking, ping pong is a fantastic way to keep your mind active. This isn’t a naïve sport that requires you only to hit the ball to your opponent. You have to think of strategies, movements, angles and what not… Ping pong will keep older adults’ brain active and will help young people to improve their reflexes, strategic thinking and in general, their brain health.
3. Everyone can play it – No matter how old you are, ping pong is always a great idea. My boys love it, my husband and me as well, and our friends aren’t immune to it whenever we invite them for a game night. Even seniors can play it, and that’s the beauty of it. I love it because even people with disabilities can play it without any problems.
4. Great for any weather – We’ve played table tennis in our backyard, and in our game room. This is a great sport that isn’t limited by the weather, so you don’t have to limit yourself only during sunny days.
5. Affordable fun – The investment isn’t going to affect your budget drastically, and this equipment won’t wear off fast, so you can use it for a long time. There aren’t any special gear or sports outfits you need to play it (who says you can’t play in your pajamas).
Besides the table, you need two rackets and a ball, and you’re on your way to become a champion.
Featured Photo by Josh Sorenson from Pexels
This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me, Heather Jones. For questions about this blog, please contact me via the “Contact Me” link on the top menu bar or click here. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation.
Disclosure Policy For Reviews / Guest/Sponsored Posts:
The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post may not always be identified as paid or sponsored content.
The owner of this blog is compensated to provide opinions on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner of this blog receives compensation for posts or advertisements, I (we) always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers’ own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.
To see more of my disclosure policy please click here.