Another week has passed. I didn’t get anyone joining in last week on my gratitude journal posts. Clearly this new blog has to try harder to get some followers. That’s ok…it took me years to get followers at “Mommy Only Has 2 Hands”. Anyway, on to today’s post. What I’m grateful for.
1. My husband: I am truly grateful for him. For his friendship, his knowledge, the way he provides for our family, his humor, his love, his dedication toward things. Once he sets a goal, he usually finishes it. He’s not one that easily gives up. He’s a great father to our children and on this father’s day I know that there’s not enough I can do to show my gratitude for him in my life. I love him.
2. “I love you’s” from my kids: I will randomly get an “I love you from both my three and six year old and I tell you they always fill my heart. It means that my kids listen when I tell them I love them, and they are recipricating the way they know how. They are showing their love and I love that I can teach them what it means to love.
3. Having two reliable vehicles: I remember back in collage, I had an old 1980’s Honda Civic and I lost two tires half way between Saffard AZ and Globe and there was no establishments for at least fifty miles. I was scared and barely had cell phone service, but I was able to call my “then boyfriend” for help all the way from Phoenix. He called me a tow truck and I got to Globe where I had to use a credit card to put two new tires on my car. At that time, I had no established credit, so I practically used my whole credit card balance just for the tires, but I was grateful to have that transportation. So to this day, I will always be grateful for reliable transportation.
4. I am grateful for lazy days: Today is Sunday and while I have been out grabbing things for the family, and picked some weeds, I’ve been able to catch a chapter in the book I’m reading, write this post and be a little lazy today.
5. I am grateful for the comforts I have in my life: For warm blankets and beds, a roof over my head, food in stomach any time I’m hungry. I know that people everywhere are suffereing and don’t have these things, so I need to always remember never to take these things for granted, to always know my blessings and to bless others with common comforts like this whenever I can.
What are you grateful for? You can link up your 5 things of gratitude below any time during the week.
Get the code here for your own post: http://goo.gl/XlVIQ0
This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me, Heather Jones. For questions about this blog, please contact me via the “Contact Me” link on the top menu bar or click here. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation.
Disclosure Policy For Reviews / Guest/Sponsored Posts:
The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post may not always be identified as paid or sponsored content.
The owner of this blog is compensated to provide opinions on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner of this blog receives compensation for posts or advertisements, I (we) always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers’ own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.
To see more of my disclosure policy please click here.