When you move to a new state you can’t really take the items in your fridge with you when you go. The days before our move I was giving food away to neighbors so they wouldn’t go bad and unfortunately a lot of things that were opened simply had to be thrown away. I hate throwing food away especially food we would have eaten. This food would have been great to give to a food pantry, but they only take closed sealed food products, nothing opened or slightly used. I understand though because it can be a health concern.
Anyway, what does this have to do with Parmesan Chicken Green Bean Casserole? Well, it was inspired by one of the items we did bring with us that did not have to be refrigerated. Campbell’s makes these sauces now that you can use to make meals and I decided to try Campbell’s parmesan chicken sauce. I have not been compensated by any company for creating this recipe.
I wanted to use the fresh cut green beans I found at the store in this recipe, so I decided to use packaged pre-cooked chicken, this sauce, and the fresh green beans to create this dish and it did not disappoint. My kids devoured it!
The first thing I did was cut up some green onions to saute with the chicken and green beans in a wok. I also added some Italian seasoning and stir in garlic paste for flavor.
In a separate pot I boiled an entire box of Barilla brand penne noodles, coated my nine by nine glass baking dish in olive oil spray, then spread them evening into the dish.
Once the chicken and green beans have been sauteed enough, pour them over the noodles and mix a little.
Add in Campbell’s Parmesan sauce. Make sure it’s evenly coated over the noodles, chicken and green bean mix. Top with Italian cheese and pop in the oven for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
The result is delicious!
Pin me if you love it or love me! 😉
Find the printable recipe here:
- 1 teaspoon of garlic stir in paste
- 1 cup of chopped green onions
- 1 8 oz bag of prepared grilled chicken (Or grill your own)
- 1 package of penne pasta
- 1 package of Campbell's Parmesan Chicken Sauce
- 2 cups of fresh cut green beans (NOT CANNED)
- Italian seasoning to taste (About a teaspoon)
- Chop your green onions and fresh green beans (finger length or smaller)
- Saute green beans, green onions, chicken, italian seasoning, garlic paste in your wok or large pan
- Boil your penne noodles to al dente
- In a 9x9 glass baking dish, spray your dish with olive oil cooking spray and layer the noodles inside
- Add your sauteed mix over the noodles and mix together
- Pour Campbell's Parmesan chicken sauce over your dish
- Top with Italian cheese
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
- Variations to this dish can include, spinach instead of green beans, sausage instead of chicken, or asparagus instead of green beans.
This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me, Heather Jones. For questions about this blog, please contact me via the “Contact Me” link on the top menu bar or click here. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation.
Disclosure Policy For Reviews / Guest/Sponsored Posts:
The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post may not always be identified as paid or sponsored content.
The owner of this blog is compensated to provide opinions on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner of this blog receives compensation for posts or advertisements, I (we) always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers’ own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.
To see more of my disclosure policy please click here.