A baptism ceremony takes place soon after the baby is born and parents would appreciate useful and practical christening gifts. A right decision would be to specify in advance from parents about those things in which they are especially in need and which would be a useful gift for their child.
Those who would like to make a creative gift can, for example, buy a T-shirt with a special print or silver jewelry with engraving as a keepsake. You may combine the practical christening gift with a personal touch using these ideas of gift:
• Clothing for kids (bodysuits, t-shirts, christening gowns, etc.)
• Comforting security blankets for babies
• Personalized keepsake pillow
• Stuffed toys (plush lamb, teddy bear, angel, etc.)
• Baby brush engraved with the name or date of birth/baptism
• Soft bath towel for the baby with a personal embroider
• Sleeping bags for the baby from natural fibers
• Suitcases for children to feel special on a family vacation
Personalized christening gifts that are also practical: ideas for godparents
1. Personalized book – the child can be the main character to make the story more personalized.
2. Personalized Bible – the child’s name appears in the text of the Bible in selected verses.
3. CD with personalized songs for children – the songs are sung with the baby’s name.
4. Personalized jewelry – a charm bracelet is a classic that never goes out of fashion. Available options are to engrave a name, date of birth or date of baptism.
At a baptism ceremony gifts are usually for the baptized person and not for the parents. But to stay polite a small gesture like a bouquet of flowers or a box of candies for parents would be appreciated. Also there are valuable coupons for babysitting available to give the parents some time to stay together as a couple.
This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me, Heather Jones. For questions about this blog, please contact me via the “Contact Me” link on the top menu bar or click here. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation.
Disclosure Policy For Reviews / Guest/Sponsored Posts:
The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post may not always be identified as paid or sponsored content.
The owner of this blog is compensated to provide opinions on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner of this blog receives compensation for posts or advertisements, I (we) always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers’ own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.
To see more of my disclosure policy please click here.
Any Votes Are Always Appreciated! (And if you let me know you voted in the comments, they'll be returned!)