Lets be honest, all moms are “moms on-the-go”. Whether you’re raising a baby, a toddler, one child or five, being a mother is a full-time job in itself, which is why I have partnered up with SkinCare by Alana to give you some fabulous tips for taking care of yourself, while taking care of your little ones!
Get Gorgeous, In a Pinch
* Simplify Your SkinCare Routine –Having many steps to your skin care regimen can be a great thing! You get better, faster results and can form a routine that will have you looking and feeling younger, longer. But a long skin care routine when you have carpools to drive, birthday parties to attend, and so much more can become tedious and easy to skip. There are many skin care products out there that offer fabulous, powerful benefits, and with the proper advice from a medical esthetician, it is definitely possible to find a regimen that uses fewer products. One of the reasons why I love SkinCare by Alana is that have medical estheticians waiting to give you advice via phone, chat, or email, making it easy to find the perfect products for your skin care (and lifestyle) needs!
* Don’t Forget to Exfoliate – I know so many people who write exfoliation off as a “luxury” or “unnecessary extra step”, but exfoliation is amazing for getting beautiful skin, quick. First, it gets rid of dead skin, allowing your new skin to glow. Second, it helps your products absorb better. Whether you choose a daily exfoliant or a weekly one, this is definitely a step you don’t want to miss.
* Two Words: Tinted Sunscreen – If you haven’t gotten your hands on a tinted sunscreen, now is a great time to try one. The summertime heat can be pretty unforgiving on foundation, which is where tinted sunscreens come in. Not only will they help to protect your skin from harmful UVA/UVB rays, but they will provide you with a more natural-looking finish (meaning less makeup meltdown). The light coverage will also motivate you to reapply your SPF throughout the day (something so many of us are not the best at).
* Try a Powdered SPF – Powdered SPF is a newer concept that has taken the makeup and skin care world by storm, and with good reason! You can find a variety of shades, from totally translucent to beautiful bronze. They are easy to throw in your purse and reapply, and are fantastic at absorbing excess oil. These are a definite must-have for any mom on-the-go!
* Stay Hydrated – I know how easy it can be to forget to drink your 8 glasses, but staying hydrated is key to beautiful skin. When you are dehydrated, your skin is dehydrated. Carrying a reusable water bottle is a great way to remind you to keep up on the H20. If plain water isn’t refreshing enough, try infusing your water with fruit or cucumber! It is healthy and tastes great. In terms of skincare though, there are products out there that helps to keep your skin hydrated if it is feeling a little dull. One thing I would recommend is the use of a vitamin c serum for face, as it helps to retain moisture in the skin, which is especially useful for the winter months.
* Remove Your Makeup – This is crucial to maintaining beautiful skin. When you crash without washing your face, you are leaving much more than your makeup on your skin. Dirt, bacteria, and oil accumulate throughout the day, and it is so important to give your skin time to breathe overnight. Keep a pack of makeup removing wipes by your bedside for those nights when you are too tired to go wash, but don’t make that your nightly routine! Nothing beats cleansing, and as Alana always recommends on her site: be sure to cleanse twice at night!
This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me, Heather Jones. For questions about this blog, please contact me via the “Contact Me” link on the top menu bar or click here. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation.
Disclosure Policy For Reviews / Guest/Sponsored Posts:
The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post may not always be identified as paid or sponsored content.
The owner of this blog is compensated to provide opinions on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner of this blog receives compensation for posts or advertisements, I (we) always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers’ own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.
To see more of my disclosure policy please click here.